• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8 Short High Quality VOBs => 1 Huge AVI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

OK I have a folder of a a bunch of VOBs those are DVD rip and I'm trying to convert those little clips of VOBs(there are 8 and all 11 minutes long and all 1 GB each) to 1 llarge long AVI clip or whatever that is best out there. Anyone know what program(s) can do this for me?

If you don't understand..I can explain it again.

8 DIFFERENT VOBs from a same DVD, all those convert to 1 HUGE AVI/MPEG/(Whatever is the best) clip.

Note that I don't have the DVD disc with me and I don't have a DVD burner. All I have is the DVD rip of the files in a folder in my comp.

What are the names of the VOB files?

Are they VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_01_2.VOB etc

Or are they VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_02_1.VOB

I have a very limited knowledge of this and may be able to assist you if you can answer this.

I believe gordian knot is one of the better ones for really high quality rips/conversions.

Last edited:
Do you want the quality to be exact or near equal?

If not, I find Dr.Divx to be extremely user friendly - it really doesn't get much simpler. By default settings the quality is not great, but through the advanced options, you should be able to obtain a very high quality rip.

As long as it is accpetable..the quality does not have to be exact..close is fine and size is a big concern. I want to lower this to about 1 GB and that would be great. Thanks I would definity look up on Dr.Divx.

They are 1GB each and you want them all to be 1GB altogether?

That is possible, but quality will be alright, but not great compared to the 8GB file size.

IMOG thanks a lot I just tried that DR.DVIX out and it is so easy to use and it worked like charm....all those converted from 8GB to nearly 1GB and quality is not bad :)

Side QuestioN: Do you know any program that CUTS out part of a video?

Back