• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone used or heard of "Microsoft Bob?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've seen that before. My dad brought a copy home from work once. I thought it was cool to try something new, but it was very kiddy. Even though I was a kid I prefered 95.

That's an old program; I remember it being a failed attempt at making Windows 'friendlier' to the novice user.

Some parts of MS Bob are still in Windows though; when you do a Search, you know that little dog that appears in the search window? Yeah, he's from Bob. There's some other things here and there to, but he's the most common one people remember.

I receieved Microsoft Bob with my first computer. It was pretty neat for its time. You could add rooms to your "house" and customize what was in it.

Later, when I upgraded to Windows 98 on a new computer, I installed Bob on it, because I could have fun with it in my spare time. I never got around to installing it on my current computer though, nor am I sure if it works on WinXP.

I think I still have the original CD with Bob on it, and I might be able to make a copy if anyone wants to try it out. Lemme see if I can find it...

I found out about it when i was doing a 'goof google' (just using funny word combinations) and put 'microsoft bob' in the search. That was about 2 years ago. Since then, a friend of mine found out about it the same way, obtained it (through whatever means, i don't know), and installed it. He said it sucked.

yes it was included with microsoft office 95. i remember u could make rooms and stuff
i loved it as a lil kid!
u could play CHECKERS!!

You mean ROCKY the search dog I have him for my search tool and Microsoft Office programs that paperclip is so annoying. I've heard a small bit on Microsoft Bob I didn't think it exsisted thou.

ya, BOB came with a old packard bell my parents bought at compusa. I was only about 6 at the time but I can still rember playing games in bob, I think the guys at microsoft were smokin something when they make this crap!

Back