• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Opera

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ir192

Do you have to pay for Opera? I see that there are free downloads available at their website, but there is also a "buy" section. Is it a trial download?

the free version has a small ad across the top.

I used to use opera 7, then went to firefox 1.0, and now I'm using Opera 8 Beta because it's quite a bit faster than the other two.

Is the ad just pimping the browser or is it a rotating type ad? Just curious, because I saw a recent review on many of the latest browsers and I see that the Opera 8 beta1 is pretty fast like you are saying, and I am thinking of trying it out instead of FF.

uh i don't know.... I only saw it for about 30 seconds before I registered it, so I don't remember how big it was. Just download it and see if its annoying, or if it's good enough to pay for.

Sweet, thanks. Last question for you, I see this in the buy page of their website:

Opera 7 for Desktop
Makes the Web work for You

One license is valid for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP,
Mac, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, OS/2 and Psion.

Opera 7 includes a FREE upgrade to the next Opera version!

Price: USD 39

I guess you bought Opera 7 and you will get the official Opera 8 for free, or do they count the Opera 8 beta as the next version?

Back