• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Hi Perf PC4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'm having prolems with this pair that i just purchased. individually they can work up to 290 2.5-3-3-8 at 2.7V... but when i put both sticks in either dimm1&2 or dimm1&3 it will give errors at aroung 230fsb..

now i know there's something wrong here but i can't seem to find it... the sticks works ok individually and there's no problem with vdimm or vcore..

man_utd said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

If I remember, 2 sticks was just an issue with the 754 athlons a long while ago.

well i've been using 2 sticks for quite a while already and there's no problem since. it's when using these mushkin sticks i get errors. they only work individually. :shrug: :bang head

heck i can even use winbond UTT 2*512mb at 250htt with no problems :p

EDIT: btw thanks MU :cool:

I *really* hate to say it but most likely its a PCB issue. They are transistioning to a new brainpower PCB to fix for this issue if I recall. My level2 black had similar problems runnning with twin sticks. I wound up getting a set of OCZ :shrug:

btw :welcome: to the forums jalut!

hmm, maybe u need to test my rams on ther platforms... nvm, that can be arranged :D

btw these mushkins are using a newer version of brainpower's pcb rite?? that can cause errors?? but dude, one stick can perform fantastically but putting 2 sticks?? it's not like i'm running dual canel or anything like that, it's SC. it seems as if running 1g of this ram is making my system go haywire!!

anyone using these rams with similar rigs as mine?? any results??

jalut said:
btw these mushkins are using a newer version of brainpower's pcb rite??
Negitive. Mushy as a whole is *way* behind the power curve. Gskill and OCZ are using the latest brainpower

Sentential said:
Negitive. Mushy as a whole is *way* behind the power curve. Gskill and OCZ are using the latest brainpower

really?? :eh?: hmm, i got word from dfi-street forums that PC4400 uses brainpower pcb version F.. that's y i go with them, plus it's the only brand i could get at my place :p

hmm, if that's the case, i should sell this pair and get myself some gskill :p

jalut said:
really?? ....if that's the case, i should sell this pair and get myself some gskill :p
I dont like openly admitting that...but its true. Gskill and OCZ are better :X for the time being

Sentential said:
I dont like openly admitting that...but its true. Gskill and OCZ are better :X for the time being

no need to admit, it's already in ur sig :p

well guys, anyone can give me any suggestions in solving my problem??? it's beginning to annoy me :bang head

Unfortunately, I returned my pair of mushkins w/out testing them b/c I decided to go with another platform. But yes, I'm pretty sure that your Mushkins use Brainpower Rev F.

Mushkin has great customer support, I would just get them RMA'd unless you want to go with OCZ or G.Skill

well it's hard for me to rma since i'm not sure mushkin supports overclocking for their rams and second i'm in malaysia.... ram-ing is a b***h for me to send, wait and receive it :lol:

from what i've seen from mushkin they're not happy unless you are. ask Sentential about their customer support ;) they're the best people i've ever seen.

Spion said:
from what i've seen from mushkin they're not happy unless you are. ask Sentential about their customer support ;) they're the best people i've ever seen.
I realize that but I cant help the fact that their bins have been sub-par :-/ They are *really* great guys but right now OCZ and Gskill have em pretty whipped :(

jalut said:
so sen, u think i should RMA my rams so i could get better ones??
Talk to the techs and see what they think. Most likely I think it is a BIOS issue to some degree. If you havent already go look at DFI street and see what things they can offer or ask here.

well i tried asking the people there already, but not much help there :rolleyes:

but before i start RMA, i'm gonna ask my friend to test on his AMD64 s939 rig first. any news i'll update again. thanks :)

Back