• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Performance Boost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kj4ta

Can someone please help spend some money?
I would like to know what will give me the best performance boost to my current system.
Would I be better off replacing my current 1Gig of PC2100 Ram with PC3200?
Or, would I get better perfomance with a new vid card like the BFG 6600 GT OC to replace my PNY 5700 Ultra??

Thanks in advance.

I can't OC the Ram, it's crappy Ram that just causes the system to crash anytime I attempt to OC it.

One question I have is, not being an AMD user, but is that a Barton core and if it is i think that it should have 333 FSB which means that you should be running at least pc 2700 in it. 333 FSB=166mhz 266FSB=133mhz. What is your computer running at right now?

Another question would be where do you want the performance gain, in gaming or apps? If you answer that you answered your own question, that is if you have the right ram in it currently.

I have the CPU OCed to 2.2 now. (forgot to update sig line to reflect that.) It runs fine in that reguard.
I do mostly gaming... of course.

Okay, I hope I did the right thing for now. I just purchased 1Gb of PC3200. Next month with more cash saved I'll get either the 6600 or the 6800. Just hope the Mrs. doesn't hang me.
Thanks for the replies.

Back