• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forceware 71.81 WHQL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Came across this link on another forum on the new forceware drivers for anyone who hasn't got the latest 1's and after updating them.

Here's what Guru3D has to say about them:

"This new driver set was found by Station Drivers today. It has been released for NVIDIA's professional card lineup, the Quadro series but the driver supports the entire range of graphics cards to date ! According to regular guru's (find them in our forums) the 71.80 drivers are just really great Also, we already found out that Halo is fixed with these drivers, something that the 71.80 driver still had."

Hmmmmm Quadro cards huh but work for all the nVidia card range might give them a try for my GeForce FX5200. See I'm still using the 61.76's and I've been looking to update them hopefully & that's a BIG hopefully it'll push a little extra out for my games.

people with 5xxx series cards should NOT use 7x.xx or even 6x.xx drivers and those who have 6xxx series cards should beware that the MPEG2 hardware enhancements DO NOT work with the 7x.xx series drivers.

So your telling me that I'm not supposed to be using the 61.76 set on my 5200. Why's that then I've had no problems with it so far and if I can't use them why do do nVidia state that the 66.93 supports my card even thou people have complained about them.

But anyways I'm sticking with the 61.76 cause it's stable and my games play really well. I only mentioned this driver to people who could be interested in it.

I wasn't saying it won't work, I'm just saying that once you leave the 5x.xx series of drivers, they no longer have your card in mind and in making performance adjustments for the newer cards, sometimes your card will suffer. Like the disabling of the MPEG2 and HD support in the 6xxx series of cards in the 7x.xx drivers. I personally found that the 6x.xx drivers were awful for my 5600 and that the best driver for that gpu was 56.72

Reason you don't wanna use the 6x.xx or 7x.xx drivers for a fx5xxx is because they 6 and 7 series drivers are geared toward the 6xxx cards. When i had my 5950u i used the last 5x.xx forceware driver and it gave me much better performance then any of the 6x.xx drivers did.

But then again every card is differant :)

Hmmmm I might give the latest 5x.xx drivers a test in my games only playing GTA3 at the moment something to do. See what happens???

I switched my drivers from 61.76 to 56.72 I tested it on GTA3 both played the same I tired putting on Antilising x2 but it slowed down a tad and I didn't like it so I played it without anything on. The GPU on this sucks I can hardly put any special feature on without it slowing down my games can't wait till I get my XFX 6600GT.

which one has the best performance for the FX 5900? i upgraded the driver to 66.93 from the orignal u it had (im not sure what it was) so i can play NFSU2 because the driver didnt support directX 9 but know i cant play some older games and my temps went up alot.

i went and got the 71.81's a couple of weeks back. installed them. used them. found I could overclock my 6800 35-40%!!!!! I could only get about a 10-15% increase with the 67.xx's.... My Card also runs much cooler.

might be worth the shot

Right now these are the best drivers, stayawy from the new 76.1 drivers, I tried them and my overclock went down and so did my fps a good amount. OC went down like 15mhz and my fps droped about 10 to 15. I rolled the drivers back and everything is fine.

I got the 71.81 drivers last week,& discovered I could oc my card just a bit higher(350 to 370 & 524 to 560) new settings not stable for all games though,with some artifacting on pariah.

You actually used them on a Series 5 card I'm impressed I never used them for my 5200 after what was said above. If I OC with the drivers I have now I can only get from 250mhz on core clock to about 280mhz and Memory clock from 350mhz to 380mhz. I might give these a try when I decided to trash the dam thing :)

I also have an old socket370 fan(coolermaster) cooling the backside of my card.I found that that helped more than anything when oc'ing.So far no problems with the 71's,but if anything develop's I'll let you know.

theMonster said:
I wasn't saying it won't work, I'm just saying that once you leave the 5x.xx series of drivers, they no longer have your card in mind and in making performance adjustments for the newer cards, sometimes your card will suffer. Like the disabling of the MPEG2 and HD support in the 6xxx series of cards in the 7x.xx drivers. I personally found that the 6x.xx drivers were awful for my 5600 and that the best driver for that gpu was 56.72

some of us dont' care about losing the MPEG2 or HD Support. LOL. I have one of the Early 6800's that has the hardware disabled MPEG2 and HD..... so it doesn't matter what the driver does or doesn't do for the card.

How about this old horse

Any one know if that driver will work on an old Ti4600?????

Back