• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which memory to upgrade too?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

I am currently looking to upgrade to better memory that can OC well. I use a DFI LanPart NF3 250Gb mobo. I am looking for good OC memory with DDR400.

samsung tccd chipped modulesare the memory of choice for this chipset/mb. they can be bought from numerous companies from geil/mushkin/pqi/skill/ocz etc.

If you run the 4v vdimm bios and don't mind modding your psu then you could try some twinmos speed premium sticks with winbond utt chips. Most are seeing between 245-260mhz 2-2-2

sparkie34 said:
If you run the 4v vdimm bios and don't mind modding your psu then you could try some twinmos speed premium sticks with winbond utt chips. Most are seeing between 245-260mhz 2-2-2

G. Skills running at 5-3-3-2.5 at 275+ is faster then 260 2-2-2 and you dont need to run a modded BIO's or booster...and TCCD tends to run at cas 2 270+ with high voltage also

I agree with Glock on this one. I'd rather not be messing with all that juice in my mobo when tccd does it at low voltage.

Let me get this straight. BH-5 running with an OCZ DDR Booster will get you 2-2-2-5 at higher voltage 245-260 MHz FSB right?

What will TCCD do for me?

Will it run at 2-2-2-5 with 2.7 or 2.8 volts at the same speed?

NF7-S 2.0 with a 2500+ XP-M BTW

No it won't. You'd need looser timings. However, you wouldn't need the ram booster or the need to pump all that voltage.

For that matter, who "needs" to overclock. Thanks for the help. I guess BH-5 is the way to go for this mobo huh?

ForForToo said:
For that matter, who "needs" to overclock. Thanks for the help. I guess BH-5 is the way to go for this mobo huh?
If that is what you are looking for I'd rather you go with some of the new Winbond UTT that is found on OCZ's PC3200VX modules.

They do alot better than typical BH5

See I wonder how TCCD will do with higher voltage though.

glock19owner said:
G. Skills running at 5-3-3-2.5 at 275+ is faster then 260 2-2-2 and you dont need to run a modded BIO's or booster...and TCCD tends to run at cas 2 270+ with high voltage also

Sentential said:
If that is what you are looking for I'd rather you go with some of the new Winbond UTT that is found on OCZ's PC3200VX modules.

They do alot better than typical BH5

For some reason, I guess since they've been mentioned in the same breath, I thought they were one and the same.

How much better have Winbond UTT chips done?

ForForToo said:
See I wonder how TCCD will do with higher voltage though.

lot of people at XS has reported that the TCCD's like voltage over 3.2v...seems to be a dead spot between 3 and 3.1v...OnePage was able to get his LA's running at 5-2-2-2.5 up to 285+...cant remember the exact FSB/HT...and was able to OC them up to DDR770 at 8-4-4-2.5 with 2.9v...

I personally am waiting for the OCZ booster to arrive then I am going to see how mine likes higher voltages...

Also...for a DFI board...TCCD's are much better for the simple fact DFI's tend to run well over 300FSB/HT with the right ram...

Me...personally...I would rather run DDR700+ at 8-4-4-2.5 then running UT's or VX's at 260 with tighter timings...

Back