• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okay, so I have SP2 on one computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
But I also need it installed on my other computer and I only have dial-up :( so I don't wannah download 200+ MBs. I was wondering if since I downloaded it through Windows updates on my other computer, if I could go into my Windows folder and find an .exe that would let me update it on my other computer as well. I went into my C:, then Windows, then ServicePackFiles, then i386 and clicked on properties and it said it was about 500MBs. Theres a bunch of files though and I'm not sure which run I would run. If it works, I would just install it over the network I have. Am I able to do this or am I screwed?

ghost_recon88 said:
But I also need it installed on my other computer and I only have dial-up :( so I don't wannah download 200+ MBs. I was wondering if since I downloaded it through Windows updates on my other computer, if I could go into my Windows folder and find an .exe that would let me update it on my other computer as well. I went into my C:, then Windows, then ServicePackFiles, then i386 and clicked on properties and it said it was about 500MBs. Theres a bunch of files though and I'm not sure which run I would run. If it works, I would just install it over the network I have. Am I able to do this or am I screwed?

this is just a gues, as i always download the offline installer, but i would say that the windows update files are specific to the machine you ran it on, and would only work on a nother machine if it were exactly the same, even if you could get it to work

you could also request the SP2 CD! Sure, it'll take a while to get to ya (a couple or 3 weeks)... but its a lot easier than downloading it all over dial-suck..er.. up.

If your'e that hard up for it you can pay me for postage and I'll download & burn it for you.

Got any friends on highspeed or at work?

unforutantly no, you can not simply copy it over from another computer it was installed on.

Back