• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dust, will your machine bite it???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My room is the dustiest room in the house. I have to dust my desk DAILY or you will see a noticeable layer. I once went out of town for a week and came back and the desk was grey from dust. My monitor gets real bad too. But for SOME reason, the inside of my case rarely got dust in it, even though i had 4 fans blowing in, it's bizarre.

Usually when I see threads about people inquiring about re-applying their thermal paste due to decreasing performance, I suggest they dust out their system. I know when I vacuum out my radiator the temps drop 2-4*c

Mine had a thin layer of dust on the case bottom and on the pci cards, but the fans were a little gunky and they're tough to clean with just a can of compressed air, the dust wants to stick to the blades too well.

my computer isnt very dusty now because i dont keep it on all the time, but considering that ive only had it for 2 months, its collected a considerable ammount of dust. probably because of the 2 120mm fans. if there were only a way to get a completely fanless computer.

I have to clean my whole system about every 3 months otherwise the CPU temps hit 58 if I let it go from there it starts to get unstable.

Dust build up is the only short coming in using a high fin density SLK800 with a slow fan.

Back