• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best freeware to test..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hybris6

Which is the best freeware program to test your

1) Cpu (if its stable)
2) Memory
3) Hdd
4) Graphic card
5) Best overall benchmarking program

6 any good program to monitor system temps from windows

Thanks

Freeware program to test overall stabilty in windows: Prime95... run for 24 hours,

To test memory: memtest86, run for 24 hours

Graphics card: any of the 3DMark programs (3DMark01, 3DMark03...etc)

Overall: One is Sisoft Sandra Lite, check download.com for it

To monitor temps: Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM5)

There are others of course. These are fairly popular. Hope this helps :)

JerMe said:
Freeware program to test overall stabilty in windows: Prime95... run for 24 hours

Not in all cases is P95 a good test software anymore...

My winnie will not pass P95 even when underclocked...and no this is not a bad CPU or memory controller...P95 does have certain issues with certain A64's...

And really...for a overall system performance test...3d mark 01 is better since it rellies on total system performance...not GPU like 03 and 05...

If running a A64 and prime95 fails...try using CPU stability test 6.0 and run the prime test on it...if the CPU can pass the prime test...then it is prime stable and P95 is the issue...

Didn't know that about A64s. Wish I had one, heh. I'm still on a Mobile Barton. I guess it would depend on the proc hybris has.

True about 3Dmark01. The thing is with 3D01, my DFI NF2 system passed 24 hours of 3D01 at a high clock, but wouldn't fold or prime worth nuts. =T But if the clock passed prime and folded bigpackets, 3D01 was no problem.

That is one reason why I liked using P95 before my A64...your OC could be stable in one area but not in another...and for the first few days I had my A64 I was PO'ed because prime would fail right away...then I started seeing threads about other people having issues with P95 and 3200 winnies...so I figured if my 3200 can pass prime test with other programs...yet can not pass P95 even when underclocked...this has to be a software issue...not a true hardware issue...

A few other programs to use instead of P95 is...

Super Pi (min of 1mb calculation...8mb and higher is really the better options)
PiFast

Thanks, I found out MBM doesnt seem to support my mobo (DFI NF4 SLI-DR) but fanspeed seems to work good. I tried prime but only for 2 hours but it seemed to work good.

About memtest is there a memory test that doesnt require a boot disk? (I have no floppy)

I DL 3dmark05 but it seemed like registration was needed.. is the 2001 or 03 free?

hybris6 said:
I DL 3dmark05 but it seemed like registration was needed.. is the 2001 or 03 free?

There is a button that says "purchase later" when it asks you to buy/registar it.

Back