• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core Cpu's with HT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Are these coming to the server enviroment in the near future? I heard something on this a while ago but it didn't go into much detail. And since I want to make a new rig/replace a rig possibly I figured this would be the best route to go.

Anyways what I'm trying to get at here is will the Xeon class Dual Core CPU's come with HT and when are they expected to hit the streets. Is there a price lined up for them??

they should be coming sometime soon, but how soon is beyond me.

i guess just wait for them... AMD is already planning dual-core opterons. when running dual processors with 2 cores in each chip... that will allow 4 threads to process simultaneously. and each thread should process fast as all hell. the dual-core XEON from intel should have the same idea. that's some amazing processing power.

I was looking around and guess they arn't going to come out til early 2006 :(

Seems that AMD will have theres out prior to intel. Guess Intel is just working on getting out the single version first. Dang was sorta hopping to upgrade semi soon. Before my girl has a say in what I buy hehehe.

Back