• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximum PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
got the latest Issue of it, and on the cover, they do the usual hinting at the inside. But this time really caught my eye: BACK UP EVEN COPY PROTECTED DVD'S IN MINUTES!!!! DUPE EVEN COPY PROTECTED CD'S!!!!

i'm thinking "What?"

then in the article, BEFORE they get into anything else, soebd a good amount of time discussing Fair Use, digital copyright, the views on it, etc., and how the such and such industries are using the law to make it near impossible to exercise a basic right given in another law.

However, they do say more than once, that it is for LEGAL backups of what you already own, and is all protected under the Fair Use Policy.

Using some of the advice, I found a great DVD Ripping program through the article, and have used it to great success! Well, sorta. I still can't get the Animatrix to rip right. Its a program called #1 DVD Ripper. Its really nice, but ya gotta pay for it... :bang head

They include all the programs they talk about BUT that ripper, because everything else is free, on the CD that comes with the magazine. Right good of the chaps, no? :p

Anyways, i thought you all might find it interesting! Its the March 2005 issue.

Do they mention DVD Decryter and or DVD Shrink? I've used both with success and only had one or two DVDs that didn't burn very well (could have been my media though). When one has a small child, like I do, one finds that making backups of your dvds is a good idea. My daughter's 1 and she already takes our DVDs off the shelf and tries to jam them into the DVD player. That or she'll just throw them around.

i think they mention DVD Shrink. however, a lot of the article is also good reading about the laws on digital copyrights. might be good for some people in these forums who seem to have thier noses up in the air about it.

i liked the kombabulator article, never heard of it before. turned out to be one of the coolest things i've seen for awhile

Back