• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech MX518 Spy Shots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegreek

24b000805e.jpg

f2d31a402b.jpg

fe0f59b923.jpg

So MX518 is confirmed now, not really a codename anymore :clap:

Link: http://www.computerbase.de/news/hardware/peripherie/eingabegeraete/2005/februar/logitech_mx518_1600/

?

Umm, yeah that's like all in German or something...what's teh difference between the Logitech MX500 and the Logitech MX518?? Is there any price difference, because i was planning on buying the Logitech MX500.

You obviously never heard of the MX518. Its Logitech new gaming mouse which will compare to a razor.

ditto, but i can't help but woder if i had waited for this to come out woulld it have pushed down the price of the mx510? oh well i got mine for 2/3 RRP

this excites me... i've been procrastinating about getting a 510 for so looong... now i have an excuse for why ^^

any news of a north american release of this puppy? i'm not up for a long babelfish reading atm -_-

Hard to tell but it looks like an ambidextrous design. Too bad it didn’t come out a few weeks ago. I would have gotten it and given it a try while I was in the market. All the current right handed Logitech’s and the 310 were uncomfortable for me.

It looks really nice, but for me I think its a waste of money upgrading to it from my MX500 thats 2 years old and still working perfectly,
does this one have a real laser like MX1000 or normal diode?

Redstone said:
Hard to tell but it looks like an ambidextrous design. Too bad it didn’t come out a few weeks ago. I would have gotten it and given it a try while I was in the market. All the current right handed Logitech’s and the 310 were uncomfortable for me.

Nah, it's still for right handed people, you can see the thumb buttons are only on the left side.

It's basicly a Mx1000 with a cord :) And I'm getting one when they are available if the price is reasonable. If the price is high, my MX510 will be used with no complaints. :clap:

Seems to be much like the razor diamondback, which has been out for a good few months now. It is 1600 dpi and has on the fly sensitivty adjustment. If it is any good I will go and pick one up.

Looks pretty nice. I'll probably get it later when it becomes cheap as well. Hopefully Future Shop will get a good deal on a large quantity of these and sell them cheap like they did with the MX510. :)

I heard of this a while back and I wanna get one. :D Now I have a reason to get this over my MX700. Although I would miss wireless. I wonder if this will have the stalling when you pick the moust up like the 1000 does.

some people have noticed that if you pick up the mx1000 and put it back down, it takes a noticable amount of time before it responds.

i really like that paint job..if only my mx510's paint job is that cool. looks like it has dents

zip22 said:
some people have noticed that if you pick up the mx1000 and put it back down, it takes a noticable amount of time before it responds.

I disagree. I don't even have to touch my mx1000 to the mousepad and it moves.

This one says optical, not laser (the mx518). I doubt it's got the mx1000 laser engine.

-Sam

samuraisam said:
I disagree. I don't even have to touch my mx1000 to the mousepad and it moves.

This one says optical, not laser (the mx518). I doubt it's got the mx1000 laser engine.

-Sam

This one is 1600 dpi... how much is the mx1000?

ati said:
i really like that paint job..if only my mx510's paint job is that cool. looks like it has dents

i'm not sure what you mean by that, from what i can see the finish is almost identical to the mx510, the only difference is the colour (silver instead of blue/red)

the dents on it is more pronounced. it like real dents. the one on my mx510 is just like little swirls.

Back