• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many computers have you built?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnmcc516

This is kind of a poll. I was just wondering how many rigs everyone has put together.

1 for me. The specs in my sig are my first and only rig.

some people on here put rigs together for a living, i do it for fun, about 20 to 30 so far i must say, i stop doing it for other people because it's such a hassel, i do it for free, and when they have problem they keep calling me up (and most of the time it's because they go on the internet and look at "stuff" and catch spyware and viruses)

2. w00t! Working on my 3rd. The parts are coming in slowly but surely as I get the money. All I have left is the mobo...and the cpu + ram, powersupply...and can't forget the heatsink + fan... I guess all I do have is the case, optical, fan controller and peripherals. 74gb raptor is on the way though. w00t!

crap, hundreds.

Probably in the neighborhood of 50+ personal use PCs

hundres of servers and workstations.

i'm new to a lot of pc building, but the more hardware and things i add to my custom built, the better i get at it and the more i enjoy it. i've built one so far for myself, although with some of these spare parts lying around, i might build a second one for fun.

i put mine together over 10 times... had to take out all the crap for WC loops and other mods and junk... but other than that... 1, 2, 3, 4... i think 4 complete computers... 5 if you count me helping my friend get everything installed and running

I've built 6 and they are all alive and well. Taking 2 old pieces of non-working crap and putting them together into one working system is actually more of a challenge. What you should really ask is what percentage of the systems you built fired up and worked on the first try. I still find that to be a crap shoot. (My newest rig gave me fits and wouldn't fire up till day two when I threatened it with a high powered rifle!) It sure feels good when you nail it on the first try.

Back