• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf? new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

i just installed my new abit ic7 and it gives me these things...
DSC09770.jpg

DSC09771.jpg

...it will go up to the screen where it says "windows did not start correctly....choose a way to start." so i pick " start windows normally. it goes blank screen then restarts..wtf?

my first guess woul dbe your video card got messed up during the change. happened to me during a mobo swap. i saw similar bios confusion. but it doesnt mean thats what it is. have you reset the cmos?

yea i tried that...i guess ill try a pci card..

ok i tried a pci card.. it rmoved all those articles...now when i select boot windows normaly it turns black flashes a blue screen which i cannot read then reboots......arrgh

I had the similar thing happen to me when I upgrade to my NF7. Turned out I had to reinstall Windows XP. It was a real pain but the problem went away. Just a thought.

ommggg......how am i goonna get my files back...

ati said:
ommggg......how am i goonna get my files back...
I know I had the same gut wrenching feeling. What I did was to put the old MB back in the box and copied all my docs etc. that I wanted to cds. Then just reinstalled everything. I would guess you could back up everything then restore it once you have all set back up. Personally I would not trust just a back up. There were a few threads on this back in December I think. Might try a search for them. Good Luck.

you dont have to a completely new install. you can do a repair install. it wont touch any of your files. search for that instead.

it just kind of puts the windows system files back in and re-checks the driver configurations. kinda like re-installing ontop of what you have. all your programs and settings and documents, etc arent touched

I tried the repair function on the last 2 XP machines I upgraded and it did not work on either one. I would have loved to be able to do just a repair. Has anyone had success after doing a major upgrade?

i changed my motherboard and my video card and i was able to do a repair install

i took all my files off..now then i hook up the switch to the front panel it wont turn on...

ati said:
i took all my files off..now then i hook up the switch to the front panel it wont turn on...

So I assume you have everything installed and ready to go. Have you checked all the basics, plugged in, PSU switch turned on, power strip on, MB plugged into PSU, Pwr switch wire in the right connector on MB?

Where exactly are you in this upgrade?

What have you done so far?

Last edited:
ok so i have bought the mobo.
installed it and booted it and finds out that i need to format.
i install back the old mobo everyhing works fine, get my files off of the drive.
now i install the mobo back and when i press the power switch it doesnt do anything.
but as i am putting the ATX power connector in the mobo half way the fans light up and spin only like half a second (until i plug it in fully) then nothing happens..

Back