• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SideShowHaze

Registered
Hello Every1

Upgraded my motherboard recently from the Asus A7N8X-E to the DFI Lanparty Ultra B. Also upgraded my memory for the Mushkin PC3500 (BH-5).
Since the install ive been trying to push FSB up as much as i can with the CPC enabled. When i run prime95 with the torture blend test, it runs the first test (1024K) and passes it but when i used prime95 on my last setup it would start test 1 but it would break it down into 3 sub-tests and then pass Test1. But now it wont show the sub-tests from each test but would still pass on the tests. Ive had my computer runing for the last 24hours on prime95 and has only done 10 tests. On my last setup it would have done the whole cycle of tests and be done.
I just tried to prime95 in safemode to see how it ran and it ran perfectly fine showing all the sub-tests and running quicker. Also i noticed the cpu usage was runing more than in normal. So this problem could be driver issue, but im not to sure which one giving me the problem and ive got all the lastest drivers.

Any advice or hint is grateful

Thank you

Make sure when you are running Prime95 in blend, that its not trying to use more ram then there is available. Run Prime95 using custom instead of blend, put like 750mb of ram usage.

At the moment ive been running prime95 in safemode and its been runnig fine, if was to put the ram usage at 750mb shouldnt i be testing the full memory?

There is no way you can test all of your memory in Windows. The only way to do that is using boot to Memtest.

Back