• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OS Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

templar67

Well, my neighbor's computer is messed up and i usually fix it for him. and im having hard time... here's the problem

His brother tried to print something, and there wasn't even a printer hooked up. Now the OS comes up, but no icons show, no start menu. Just a background is all you see.

I tried to repair the OS with the disc but now it says there is no OS on the system.

It was Windows XP Home Service Pack 2

if you can get the boot menu via pressing F8 before the OS loads, try the option for the last time it booted successfully, as well.

Yeah sounds like explorer.exe to me. Happens sometimes when things conflict so it will close. As said above to go to Alt+control+delete and go to add no procces and type in explorer.exe

well.... alt+ctrl+del didn't come up... the thing about "last working settings" did work, temporarily, explorer would come up, but when i clicked on an icon or something it locked up

Back