• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with KVM and wireless K&M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xdreadnoughtx

Hope someone can tell me whats going on. First of all I have a Linksys 2 port KVM switch that worked fine when I bought it with my original 2 setup computer, since then I have upgraded my systems, one with a new MB and processor, and with this new motherboard it doesn't seem to like the mouse running through the KVM. My second computer recognizes a mouse through the KVM but the first does not. Now I just bought a new microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse setup, the explorer 2 pro I believe and my hot key function does not work. With my old keyboard the CTR CTR function would switch over to the other, the hardwired button to switch over works fine, but is such a pain to hit that everytime. The wierd thing about it is the hot key works for a few seconds after I first push the button on the actual KVM, but then after a few seconds it doesn't recoginzed the hotkey anymore to switch over.....seems like it isn't listening for the hotkey keyclicks after a few seconds or something?? Is there reasons for this? Can anything be done about it? Thanks for any help, hope it can be fixed, or else my KVM is pretty worthless.

Back