• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple Questions.. Intel Dualie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ayoung

I have a Duel Intel setup (look in sig) and I have a few questions...

1. 1 Cpu(CPU 0) runs about 3C hotter than the other cpu (CPU 1). Any idea why? Ive tried reseating it and everything.. no go.

2. According to MBM5 they are running under 40C @ load... do Xeons really run that cool?

3. What is the overclocking potiental of this motherboard using FSB? Does it have a PCI/AGP lock?

Thanks!

Adam

ayoung said:
I have a Duel Intel setup (look in sig) and I have a few questions...

1. 1 Cpu(CPU 0) runs about 3C hotter than the other cpu (CPU 1). Any idea why? Ive tried reseating it and everything.. no go.

2. According to MBM5 they are running under 40C @ load... do Xeons really run that cool?

3. What is the overclocking potiental of this motherboard using FSB? Does it have a PCI/AGP lock?

Thanks!

Adam

Hi Adam,

like your xeon setup, very nice ;)

on your questions:

1) i don't know specifically about that mobo, but that same thing happens on my board and happened on all dual boards i've had...typically one cpu's position in the case determines how good the ventilation will be for it...also, with some mobos (like the k7d) one of the temp monitors may be off...

2) with stock 1.5v, these M0's that I sent you will run real cool :D

3) i've read that the mobo can do in the 180's, but i don't know if it has a pci lock past 166 though...you should be able to hit 3.2-3.3ghz with those chips on that board, probably at stock voltage...i've read of many M0's doing 3.4ghz on stock voltage...i never tested these at stock voltage, but at 1.57v, they did 3.5ghz stable, and could boot into windows at 3.65ghz

Last edited:
Usually 1 CPU is surrounded by a VRM and sometiomes close to the AGP slot this causes a higher temp on that cpu..

On either of mine, PC-DL's 1.6lv or 2.4ghz the 2nd cpu runs exactly 3 degrees celsius hotter than the first cpu. The 2.4's are in a case with good airflow and run at 52 and 55 respectively, the 1.6's are in a motherboard on the benchand run 40 and 43 respectivley. These are loaded temps of course, SETI you know :D !

Back