• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Tunes Must Die!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the adam

I hate fricken itunes. That piece of crappy software just knows how to push my buttons :temper: . Awhile back my mom decided she was going to get me an ipod for my birthday and I loved it and all but this piece of crap itunes just angers me :mad: . The thing that really angers me is that they have their mp4 or whatever it is and you need to authorize a computer inorder to listen to music you bought. So today I decided i was going to take all that crappy mp4 stuff off my ipod and change them all to mp3's but guess what i need to authorize my computer to do that and when I went to authorize my comp it gave me this retarded error message "This computer was not authorized. To authorize the computer, play a song you have purchased using this account." WTF does that mean? So i try again and it says you can only authorize 5 computer when only 2 computers are authorized. So now I can't even listen to half my songs :mad: :mad: :mad: .

/End of Rant

Yes the proprietary MP4 encoding has put me off from utilizing the Itunes software. Hope you can figure out how to 'authorize' your machine.

Best of luck!
-sharky

Ya im probally going to give the apple people a call today and see if they can reset the account.

iTunes as a music managing/playing program is great. As far as bought tunes, there are a few proggies out there that will remove the DRM, while leaving your account name and such tied to the file. That way you can do whatever you want with it, except share it, unless you don't mind your name showing up all over the net.

Of course there are programs that will remove it all, not going to mention any here.

Dayton

Well someone gave me a giftcard thing for itunes(this person was a mac lover). I got the authorization thing fixed but i just cant figure out how to get rid of the mp4 stuff. I got the aac crap gone with a program but i still have this mp4 junk.

Last edited:
Well mp4 files are really just DRM'ed AAC files. After removing the DRM, iTunes can convert it to an mp3, or whatever you want.

Of course you could also burn the bought songs to a cd, then re-rip them into whatever format you want. You'll have a loss of quality though..

Dayton

Thx dayton for the help all the files are now converted to mp3 and i can listen to them anywhere i want :D

ever heard of Hymn? its a good thing. as for the authorized computers, i ran into the same problem after i reinstalled windows a few times and never though of deauthorizing first. just email apple and they will reset all your authorized comps. did i mention hymn is great?!? maybe i did...

schnikies79 said:
Well mp4 files are really just DRM'ed AAC files.

Actually the MP4 file is just a "container" for aac audio data. It can be drm or non drm.

AAC sound as good as an MP3, but at a much lower bitrate..I think its something like 64 Kbps AAC sounds as good as an 128 Kbps MP3 (but it may not be quite that good). A disadvantage is that it's less compatible with media players, but otherwise it's better than MP3.

http://www.answers.com/mp4&r=67

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery...key=Advanced+Audio+Coding&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=FairPlay&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1
-Andy

At lower bitrates aac is better but once you get 160+ it really makes no diffrence. I rip everything in 192 VBR mp3's, tried similiar bitrated in aac and it made no diffrence at all.

To each their own,
Dayton

Back