• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internal USB Splitter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RallyRoach

Registered
I'd love to be able to get one of those floppy drives with the memory card readers, but they all use an internal USB connection. I have 2 internal USBs on my NF-7S, and I need both for front and rear USB ports.
Can I make a splitter for one of the internal ports or will this mess something up?

Or, can I mod the internal USB connection on the drive to use an external (regular?) USB connector and plug it that way?

Anyone?

RallyRoach said:
Can I make a splitter for one of the internal ports or will this mess something up?
You can't just split them, you would need a usb hub. You could try another usbcard, as suggested, or just unhook some of your back usb ports and use a hub plugged into whatever ones still work. Whatever you prefer/is cheapest.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to get a hub... Maybe a PCI card, but I want to keep things clear for my fan card to cool my video card...

Thanks all :)

Back