• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ipod question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A1Killer

i know an ipod is not a computer in every respect but i got a question about it. what freeware software allows me to download the songs i have on my ipod to itunes i dont want to lose my music and i know of a payware but i dont want to pay for it lol and i dont like the light versions that only let you download a certain set number of songs at a time

There are several free apps that can do that. Here is a short list:

http://www.ipodlounge.com/downloads_windows.php

Personally I use ephpod. Because the iPod uses a odd naming technique, usually the file names themselves are useless, ephpod can rebuild the directories/file names via the id3 tags. There are several others too, yamipod, copypod, just to name a few.

Last edited:
If you are just wanting to backup the music files, iPod agent is a very good piece of software. Most of the others can set up the file databases like iTunes does.

Dayton

Back