• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor goes black

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oXyCoNTiN

Registered
im pretty sure its a virus at this point.

when it first did it, it was like something was changeing my refresh rate to make it look like my monitor was dying/dead. then it turned completly black. so i rebooted and etc... and after the windows loading screen the monitor goes completly black. im in safe mode right now. and yes iv tried a different monitor. im scanning right now. but is there anything else i may be able to do?

well ummm if your viruse scanner was on there before this happend the scanner could be patched to where it wont detect it no mater what but scan it any ways and find out if it doesn't find any thing i would suggest i hate saying this but if it doesnt work try reformating the harddrive and reinstalling windows and get a viruse scanner on your comp as soon as the new windows install is done and update that scanner and do a full system scan if it picks any thing up delete it right away and after you delete it do a nother scan to make sure its gone

Back