• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Correct height for NCCH-DL supports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

penquissciguy

I am finally starting the assembly of my dually. I have been assembling the under-motherboard mounting plates for the NCCH-DL and have run into a small issue with the rubber pads that affix to the plates. I have a Chieftec Dragon case with what I measured to be 8 mm standoffs, so I used the nuts and pads in the 8 mm package (the middle sized ones). The nuts seem to be the right height, but the motherboard rocks back and forth on the pads when I set the motherboard in the case. Is this normal, or have I used the wrong hardware? I'd hate to crack this new mobo by doing something stupid. Thanks.

Ken

Well, turns out that when I took the mobo out and tried again, it went together with no issues. Guess I had the right hardware all along. How if the heatsinks I ordered would just get here...

Ken

i had a similar issue...

i got the board used and the back plates were bent...it was a real pain in the arse to get them "semi" straight...then i tried all the different sized standoffs before i got the right ones...they were the shortest ones...even though based on the mobo standoffs, the middle sized ones should have worked...

I just use the shortest ones, and let the back plates float off the back of the case. Its better to be too short than too long.

I just my machine fully assembled and running. The 8mm mounts worked great. I followed the instructions and was very happy with the result.

Ken

Back