• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant install windows to Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ripperipper

Registered
Ok so I got my raid controller up and running and created a raid 10 array across 6 drives and yes it is fast as well you know. My problem is after fdisk and formatting it windows 64 bit ( i have three different releases) doesnt recognise the array. but i can go into dos and run whatever i want off of it. I have also tried windows 2000 and 98se for fun. no luck. i have the latest drivers for the controller and firmware installed. can somebody tell me what i am missing. i know i am just doing something i know better not to do i jut cant think of it.

Load the driver when you install Windows, you know that "press F6 and insert a floppy" thing at the beginning of the XP install

Yeah i have tried that, I can load drivers with win 2k but but windows 64 wont use third party drivers as it says they are older then the ones it has. even if i try to force it to use them it wont

You will need 64bit driveres from your RAID controllers website. Most of these are still Betas. Also be sure you have the RAID array selected as the boot device(in the BIOS).

Z

I have downloaded the latest drivers from LSI website. I have checked to make sure all firmware upgrades have been made in hopes to resolve any issues i have been having. I can get windows 2000 pro to install amd boot but that isnt what i wanted to run. windows xp 64 bit wont use these as it says the provided drivers are older then the ones that windows uses. I have double checked that the array is set as the boot disk. I have posted my machine specs in detail to LSI in hopes of a new driver release. As it is these are after all beta so i am sure any input helps in making better drivers.

YOu haven't listened to what Zuzzz was saying: until you know you have 64bit drivers, it will never work. If you just download "lhe latest" drivers from somewhere it's 95% chance they are 32bit. Those will not work for a 64bit OS. The driver situation for 64bit is pretty bad right now unfortunately since many many hardware makers don't have them yet, and if they do, they are buggy or beta. So you best really carefully read the LSI site and look if those drivers are 32 or 64bit. Maybe you could look at the standard XP drivers and compare the .inf file from them to the ones you have. there must be a difference since they should be for different CPUs. Just remember: XP != XP64

Maybe i havnt made myself clear enough. I have downloaded the latest 64 bit drivers for my operating system. but what i have discoverd is they are not decorated and they are the only 64 bit drivers the manufactor offers. so i need to find some decorated drivers somewhere or figure out how to tweak the 64 bit drivers the manufactor offers in order to make them work

Back