• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

Sorry, I seem to ask at least twice as many questions as I answer on this forum. Anyway, I bought a Radeon 9800SE from MicrolandUK last christmas. The card worked fine util about 2 weeks ago, when my computer reset and a funny ssmell came from the case. One of the MOSFETS on the card was glowing white-yellow and smoking (seriously). I have never seen anything like this before. Well about two weeks before this MicrolandUK went bust :( so I can't return the card to them. So I tried to contact the manufacturer www.Peakhardware.com who is based in Taiwan. I used the online contact form, I e-mailed them twice, each time I have been ignored. I was largely wondering what legal recourse do I have? Is it worth threatening to sue them? and is there anything else I can do?

This is probably something that you would have to talk to your local lawyer over...for a few reasons...

1. Dealing with international laws...
2. There should be some type of time frame that the company you bought it from still has to make some type compensation to you...this would be based on your local laws though...

Also...you should get ahold of the maker of the motherboard...if a good company...they just might cover the cost of the card since it happened when the motherboard fried...if the motherboard was still under warranty that is...

Back