• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swifttech MCX604-V on old motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatguy

I'm going to convert a dual Xeon 2.4GHz server setup into a mid-tower case and need to make sure the Swifttech MCX604-V will work for both of these motherboards:

Current Motherboard: SUPERMICRO "SUPER X5DPA-GG" E7501 Chipset Server Motherboard for Dual Socket 604 Intel Xeon (Link)

Future (Upgrade) Motherboard: Asus NCCH-DL

I just want to make sure I can use the HSF on both motherboards...should be no problem right?

Why not e-mail swiftech and ask them? I'm sure they can answer your question.

What are you saying, this forum is worthless? I'm sure there are a lot of questions posed here that could be better answered elsewhere...

didnt mean to offend u or anything, it was just an idea to get the answer from the source. this forum is quite good, one of my favorites. maybe someone with more knowledge than me will answer ur question. :)

fatguy said:
I'm going to convert a dual Xeon 2.4GHz server setup into a mid-tower case and need to make sure the Swifttech MCX604-V will work for both of these motherboards:

Current Motherboard: SUPERMICRO "SUPER X5DPA-GG" E7501 Chipset Server Motherboard for Dual Socket 604 Intel Xeon (Link)

Future (Upgrade) Motherboard: Asus NCCH-DL

I just want to make sure I can use the HSF on both motherboards...should be no problem right?

it shouldn't be a problem at all. it might be a pretty tight fit with the fans right next to each other with some pressure between the two, but the heatsinks themselves are made to sit right next to each other so it should be fine.

Back