• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Cathodes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
I cracked two of my round cathodes today while trying to replace the burnt out one in my X-Connect. This makes me mad! :bang head I need to buy another 2 round UV Cathodes now. Does anyone know where I can get them cheap? Just the light that is.. and they need to ship to canada. One thing im concerned about is plugging a cathode into an inverter that it didnt come with.. does this matter? or will all cathodes work with generally all inverters?

Ive had a pretty good idea for a while now...

product_pic_module.jpg

These LEDs put off more light than probably 3 of the cathodes put together. They produce hardly any heat and will last forever. They are also smaller than cathodes, making them easier to hide.

http://www.nightstalkerfx.com/

Most people on here are electrical gurus of some sort, so I think someone can come up with a decent circuit to run them. They need 350mA, not a voltage. It would be pretty easy to just wire up a resistor/capacitor to keep it a steady output, but if not, they make 12v or 120v drivers for them.

Carry on...

Back