• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help fast!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

halo_2_rocks

Ok so i went to turn on my comp today and this thing pops up and says sorry or the inconveieance blah blah there has been some kind i software error and then it says start up as normal so then i do that and it get stuck of the xp loading page :mad: i can get the thing to start so does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it. becuase as much as i want a whole new comp i dont have enough money for one. If you have any idea plz respond asap thx

Can you boot in safemode? without that error message it may be hard to tell. Could be somesort of deivce drive malfunction. So when windows tries to load it, windows freezes. Or just a system file gone bad. Do you have xp install cd?

No i dont have the xp install cd because it was a dell it was allready loaded. the weird part is it worked just fine on friday no problems or anything

halo_2_rocks said:
No i dont have the xp install cd because it was a dell it was allready loaded. the weird part is it worked just fine on friday no problems or anything
Dell sends windows xp CDs with all their computers.

Did you try booting up in safe mode?

Its only repair cd though so wont have repair install any way. Dell dosnt have that built in feature does it where you hit like F11 to boot into a repair consol?

tenchi86 said:
Its only repair cd though so wont have repair install any way. Dell dosnt have that built in feature does it where you hit like F11 to boot into a repair consol?
I'm fairly certain that it's fully featured. You can boot from it, re0install, go to recovery console and repair install.

I've never seen a Dell that didn't come with a fully installable WinXP CD, with all the recovery tools built into it.

In fact, it can even be used to install WinXP on a non-Dell computer.

(However, I have seen a WinXP Pro CD actually have WinXP Home on it - that was annoying).

Ok well do you know which disc it is on cause i have no clue there is two discs here ill name for you to give you better idea ok the first one is drivers and utilities and to second one is application and i'll try booting in safe mode to see what that does

If I remember right SOME DELLs did not come with an XP cd it was on a hidden partition on the harddrive. A big stink was made over this and Dell had to make a change in the way thay did things. You might have to call dell and have them send you a cd.

Back