• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC will not post after routine maintenance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N1vek215

Hey everyone, I just took my rig apart for dusting and to adjust screws here and there, put some AC5 on my proc and my video card, and to do some maintenance on my watercooling setup. Well after I put everything together now my comp will not post. Everything such as fans, video card, and disk drives turn on, but all I get is a black screen and no beeps of any kind.

My rig is in my specs, please help, I'm ready to freak and toss the entire thing into the garbage.

Thanks in advance.

Know it sounds pretty generic, but it never hurts.
Double check every connection, IDE, PCI, AGP, Ram, EVERYTHING. Make sure they are fully seated.
Next check the cabling in the back.
Just double check everything, odds are you just bumped something that is causing it to freeze or the screen just not to show up on the monitor.

I just took my rig out completely again, checks closely for anything out of place. Then plugged everything back in and still the same problem. Argh.

okay your probibly gonna shoot me for asking this, but when i freaked out once i dint try this
did you listen for a post messdege or did you listen for the beep and watch the screen
if not then pop some headphones in the back to listen for a post message

Got a pair of headphones and still heard nothing.

Another question, in case something did die, could it be the mobo or the proc?

I was checking out the Abit forums here and checking out post coades and it says, no beeps could mean either a dead board, or the cpu not being seated correctly. Well the cpu is seated correctly, so I'm guessing my board died? And if anything did die, I have no idea whatsoever why that could've happened :(

nope, no case speaker here, but usually the post would go right through the regular speakers, and I've reseated the ram a few times and plugged/unplugged hard drives, but the mobo doesn't even post somethign else, just silence.

make sure all the standoffs line up with the holes on the mobo, if there are any that don't line up (ie missing completely) remove them

Yup, cleared CMOS, and still the same problem. I have a friend who is sending me an athlon mobo and I'm going to see if the mobo is the problem or not.

I checked out the ABIT forums and people are pointing out maybe the chip died. I really hope their wrong, it's the best damn chip I've ever had and the overclocking ability = omg :(

Any other thoughts?

Back