• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor on Eyes??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BRIMCV

Alrite

I use the computer all the time like almost all day at Uni doin Cad writing up reports etc and at home the same and gaming, but i have had alot of probs with my eyes more to the point the skin around the eyes, can this be inflammed by the monitor at all cos my parents are saying that its causing the skin around my eyes to be quite inflammed and its now really annoying me.

Any ideas

Most welcome

The skin around my eyes used to get inflammed a great deal untill I obtained an exceptionally good monitor (I now have a Sony LCD) and adjusted my screen size so that it was exceptionally easy to read.
I also try to take time out from monitor glare and use a PC alarm such as Convienient Clock to inform me of how long I have been staring at the screen.. Get a drink or something hourly and you should see the improvement

I wish i could get a 17" but being a student and i had to give my job up due to the amount of work at Uni in 3rd yr i just increased the size of the font. Will be off to the eye infirmary 2moz see wot they have to say....

Last edited:
I have no problem with my 21" Trinitron CRT, I put about 8-10 hours onto it a day. 120hz@1600 and 160hz@1280 are very nice.

Yeah I use a trinitron only like 16.1 inchs are viewble at 85hertz refresh 1024 by 768. Have had no eye problams yet I use my pc atleast like 8 or so hours a day.

Yuriman said:
I have no problem with my 21" Trinitron CRT, I put about 8-10 hours onto it a day. 120hz@1600 and 160hz@1280 are very nice.

Same here, but my Veiwsonics only run at 85Hz at 1600 X 1200. Still very easy to look at for long periods of time. It's the crappy 15" monitors at work that give me problems. Best one out of the bunch only does 1024 X 768 @ 57Hz :cry:

Yuriman said:

I used to get headaches from my 21" NEC, I did what you did and got a 21" Trinitron and the headaches went away :clap:

Well i went to eye infirmary then my doctors i had a allergic reaction to something, but i increased the refresh to 75hz also have increased the txt size and moved the monitor further back on my desk all which has improved my eyes....

If i get a placement during the summer then i can get a bigger monitor.

All in all everything has improved :)

cheerz

Back