• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! I think my CPUs are running @ 70C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ayoung

I have no idea what sensors in MBM5 I should use to view my CPU temps?

I have an IWILL DPI533 and according to MBM5's site I should use *****1-Diode and ****2- Diode... but they come up as like -9C and -12C... come on I wish!!! On AIR!!

But Im running stock voltage, @ 170x18 (3.06ghz) and the only temp that changes is the 70C (2 different sensors and both around 67-70)

67 @idle :cry: :eek: :confused: and 70C at 100% load??

Are there any other programs to read temps?

Thanks,

Adam

Try Speedfan...

Also...put a load on the CPU and see which temp rises the most after a few minutes...

Im testing as we speak.... idle with lots of fan and then load w/o much fan to test the highs and lows...

There are a couple very weird things about this whole setup of mine.

1. In Bios is reads the temps pretty low.. ~30-35.

2. Speed Fan and MBM5 both have a ton of temp they find, but 2 are 67-68 at idle and then when I hit full load with SETI they shoot up to 70? MAybe these are the mosfets or something?

3. One CPU Voltage is 1.47V the other is 1.22 in both MBM5 and Speedfan????
Whats up with that.. and to go with that... 1 set of BOINC W/U's are about 30% ahead of another set..

For EX.

2 W/U are about 30% done (so they just started) and then another set is @ about 98.5%?? When I started them about 5 days ago they were both started at the same time... now if they are both respectivly with CPU0/1 or split between the 2, I have no idea... but I would assume the are respective and the 98.5 are with the 1.22V (slower maybe because of errors) and the ones that are ahead @ 30% (move on to next work unit becuase of no errors) are at 1.47V?

when it comes to what sensors to use for mbm5, just run the utility that will automatically select which sensors work with the iwill dpi533. that's what i did with it and it worked fine.

If you dont have the latest version...this version just came out a few days ago if that...

Speedfan 4.12

This version auto. configed the temps to the MSI...I didnt have to go and change any of the temp options at all...

Back