• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My mouse is just not what it used to be :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Borisw37

I have Logitech Optic wireless mouse, im happy with it except for one thing. The plastic oval "feet", the part that actually glides along the surface, are wearing off, and it does not glide as easy any more. Any idea on how to fix this problem? Any place to get replacement feet?

Thanks zip22, i ordered a set from slicksurf.com for my mx700 mouse. I'll let you all know if they are any good when i get them.

how much was shipping? they seem cheaper than others, and claim to be better than teflon. i would like to know how they feel.

Using your mouse on a very slick surface to begin with (I use mine on a super polished spot on my desk) makes those little sliding feet last practically forever....mine are still about 80-90% fine, and I've been using this mouse almost 2 years....several hours most days.

Shipping was $1, i bet they just ship them in a regular envelope $0.37 postage. I have a table cloth on my desk so i have to use a mouse pad which is not super smooth (regular mouse pad). Don't super smooth reflective surfaces mess up optical mouse's tracking ability?

I received the SlickSurf feet today. Application was pretty easy, I took off the old ones, and filed down the grooves that the old feet fit into. Put on the new slicksurf feet and now its much better. I would not necessarily call ita a "miracle" or anything super extordionary but the mouse slides much better now :)
Supposedly the require some brake-in period, they get slicker after a while. I'll just have to wait and see.

Hell, heres a costfree (and good tasting) solution!

1) Grab a few pieces of printer paper.

2) Tape them to where you use the mouse.

3) Order alot of chinese food.

4) Eat it, and keep the grease.

5) Rub a decent amount of grease all over the paper.

Now you have a friction free mouse environment!

guilty...

Back