• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Profiles question (XP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

Ok, so I have 3 profiles on my computer: mine (system admin), my little brothers (also sysad, so he can install his games and whatnot), and the "family" limited account. The problem is they don't realize that I'm trying to OC my computer and that it takes TIME, so I want to do some of the following things:

Disable the "switch user" thing. It just wastes resources that should have been given to Prim/S&M/CPU burn in.

Open a message as soon as they log in, telling them something along the lines of dont do this, dont do that, dont break the internet, etc :D .

Now, if they dont follow the rules I have for my computer (they have thier own that they can do whatever they want to on, why use mine?!?!), I want to get it so that when they log in, a message pops up that basically says "you have violated rule #1, you account has been disabled for x days" and then kick them out and return to the login screen.

is any of this possible?

Interesting things you wanna do there. I also wanna know if this is possible because if it is I would use this also.

#1 is easy. Go into Control Panel, users, change the way users log on or off and disable fast user switching.

LoneWolf121188 said:
Disable the "switch user" thing. It just wastes resources that should have been given to Prim/S&M/CPU burn in.
Set the DWORD "AllowMultipleTSSessions" at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] to '0'.

What cw823 mentioned in a post above should acomplish what I stated.

LoneWolf121188 said:
Open a message as soon as they log in, telling them something along the lines of dont do this, dont do that, dont break the internet, etc :D .

Now, if they dont follow the rules I have for my computer (they have thier own that they can do whatever they want to on, why use mine?!?!), I want to get it so that when they log in, a message pops up that basically says "you have violated rule #1, you account has been disabled for x days" and then kick them out and return to the login screen.
Set local group policy ("GPEDIT.MSC" snap-in) to the other users. You would have to use a logon script and write a program to monitor the system for whatever it is you want to monitor (or Google to see if you can find on that has already been written).

If you have trouble with doing the prestated, the "Programming Tips and Tricks" forum may be able to help.

Back