• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOOD subtitle/dvd program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

Ok guys, ive decided for this next little class project my brother is doing, that id get a DVD burner. I mean, weve got every other darn special effect known to man, why not dvds..anyways..

Its a german class project. LAst time i just did funny english subtitles in premeire, but id like to know how to QUICKLY and accurately do them for a DVD. with the option of turning them on/off.

Also, how hard would it be to have a second audio layer? IE the veiwer can switch it from its recorded language (german) to an overdubbed english version? or would it jsut be 10x easier to record each scene twice?

Ive been looking at adobe encore and ulead DVD factory, but you hafta deal with timecodes. I was hoping more for something that i can slide across my movie file and as it goes, add the subtitles...does such a thing exist?

thanks in advance guys.

How familiar are you with DVD authoring? I used DVDLab Pro while it was still in beta, and it could do what you were asking.

If your recorded movie is DVD compliant, since it's only for a class project you can import the movie file and it'll demultiplex the movie into an audio ac3 stream and a video mpv stream. Pretty much all you have to do is add a movie using your video stream and audio stream... then drag 'n drop any additional audio/subtitle streams you have (e.g., record an english audio track while you're watching your video.) DVDLab Pro has it's own simple subtitle program, so if your project is small it won't be too much of a hassle to enter start/end times for each subtitle. Once your done, hit go and *poof*- it makes your DVD. Give it a few minutes to simmer. :) I'm sure other DVD authoring programs are the same way.

As for a subtitle program that you are asking about... i'm not sure if one exists that makes subtitling that easy (I haven't looked though ;))

most i did was once i made a miniDVD just as a test on a CDRW which didnt work in my sisters dvd player...grr...ulead automatically convert it.

Im not worried about codecs and formats..premiere allows for export to DVD

Good deal, you should be able to demux in premiere, dub a 2nd track, create a subtitle track and mux all 4 back together with a decent DVD authoring program. Good luck!

thanks! office max and their intelligence, ive been to 3 stores in the past 2 days...those idiots buy 8-10 DVDRW drives, declaire it a huge sale....morons!

Back