• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to burn Winxp 64 Edition onto a CD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reyn

I have just donwloaded Winxp 64 Edition from microsoft website. I burned all the files onto a cd, pop it into the cd rom, turned "1st boot device" to cd-rom in bios, restarted computer, it won't boot.

is there anyway to modify the cd to a bootable one using nero 6 or do i have to make a brand new cd? if so, how do I creat a bootable

Did you let Nero burn the ISO or did you extract the ISO and then burn the files...because you need to let NERO burn the ISO for you...

i extracted it to a folder and manually burned them onto the blank with nero.

ok, for nero to burn str8 from the iso, what do i do?

Load up Nero...go to Create CD from ISO...direct it to the place you have the X64 ISO...let it create the CD...

Sorry if this is too plain for you...on X64 right now and can not bring up Nero to give you the extra step by step...

But you have to let Nero make the CD from the ISO for it too be a bootable CD...

Yes, glock19owner is correct. The ISO file contains all the boot parameters and the exact location the boot files are meant to be on the CD-R. If you extracted the files to be burned, all the files get re-ordered and when the computer boots up, it won't be able to find the boot files.

Or just right click it and hit "open with". And just open it with your burning software. That's what i do when i burn an .iso image.

Back