• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installation problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

im trying to install a game and i get this error

The RPC server is unavailable.

anyone have an idea why this is happening

some of the new installers will connect to make sure you have the latest version of installshield on your system and then update it. are you connected to the internet?

well yeah how do u think i posted the question, lol

i think i may have shut off a service that i wasnt supposed to but the RPC service is enabled

Error in Ikernel.exe When You Install Programs By Using InstallShield
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;810608
i think i may have shut off a service that i wasnt supposed to but the RPC service is enabled
Also check to make sure the "DCOM Server Process Launcher" Service is set to Automatic...the "Remote Procedure Call" (RPC) Service as well should be set to Automatic.
medo145 said:
well yeah how do u think i posted the question, lol
How was veryhumid supposed to know you posted your question on the same computer you're having problems with?...he was only trying to be helpful.

Last edited:
the DCOM Server Process Launcher was set to manual, changed it to automatic and it worked, thanx

btw i didnt mean to sound mean or anything. i appreciate trying to help

Back