• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded to XP on an older laptop, now cant find mirrored doc files.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saruji

my friend has an older laptop which he upgraded to xp. All files should have converted to NTFS right? However when he starts up windows, he gets an error about a program not being installed, plus when he tries to open my document *.doc files, it tells him that it cannot find the correct pathway to c:. I know that in the previous win 98 system my documents tolder was not assigned a path like in xp. How does xp upgrade convert? Are the FAT 32 files still there? How could I get them? Where would they be? And biggest question, how do I fix this stupid start up error that says a program is not starting because hello my name is microcrap and I cant upgrade operating systems with the correct reg path way? (however that prog might not be compatible with xp i know) Would norton or reg healer work?

= Saruji =

Back