• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having trouble acessing a webpage I know isn't down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thecalmingapple

:bang head SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE, THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE! :bang head

Well, I can't acess www.teamlosi.com from my personal computer. I know the website isnt down because I can acess it on my sister's computer which shares the same internet connection as the computer in question, and other users on the web have confirmed that they can view the website as well. I can also view the website on the computer in question using www.babelfish.altavista.com's translator as a ghetto proxy by translating the website from chinese to english (which doesnt do anything, but send me back to the site), so I know it can be accessable from this computer. Ive updated my windows xp sp1 with all the latest updates, ive scanned for spyware with all my applications, Ive set all internet options and settings to default, and set internet privacy to its lowest setting. If tried accessing the page from two different browsers (IE & Firefox) and get the same error on both. Also, when I ping the website using command prompt, I get denied on all 4 attempts, so maybe the site doesn't allow pings if that helps anyone out.

Im very angry as to why I cant view this website, and would love to have someone help me figure out how I can fix this little annoyance.

I opened it up the hosts file in note pad and this is what it said :

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

I set my personal computer as a DMZ on my router(removed myself from router to be allowed direct connecton to internet) and still cant access the webpage. I tried to manually change my IP adress and it still cant access the page. Anyone have ANY ideas?

As simple as it sounds, have you already deleted the Temporary Internet Files (including all offline content) in both IE and Firefox?

No software firewall installed, and I made my computer connect to the router but in a DMZ(de-militarized zone) so I basically connected directly to the internet.

I'm using my old linksys b router as basically a switch now, and even though I set the computer behind the old b router in a DMZ, I still can't see it on the network. If you try removing the router and are able to access your webpage, you can eliminate it as the source of error.

Back