• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windowblinds 4.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Kinda old news (no posts about it though :D), but Stardock has released version 4.5 of Windowblinds. This is a very nice upgrade over the prior version, reducing memory and CPU usage quite a bit. It's not the old bloated skinning app anymore, but instead a lean mean skinning machine ;)

Loading up Windowblinds (longhorn skin) only increases mem usage by 5 or 10MB, and it dosen't even touch the CPU from what I can tell. Window functions (skinning, resizing, menus, etc) are even sped up as well with Windowblinds making use of video accelration ("Hyperpaint") instead of Windows' old GDI calls.

If anybody is using the pre-4.5 version of Windowblinds, I'd suggest upgrading since it's definatly an improvment. And if you've been scared of Windowblind's reputation as a hog (and thus used Windows' native skinning function through a hacked uxtheme.dll or something), I'd give it a spin and see what you think of it :)

JigPu

Back