• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Veryifing DMI Pool Data?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mustanghull

Registered
I was playing Battlefield Vietnam when I recieved a so called "Blue Screen of Death" informing me that Windows was being shut down becuase of an error. Then the computer restarted before I could read what the error was. When the computer began posting it stopped at "Veryifing DMI Pool Data". It woun't go past this and start up windows.

My specs are in my sig. Could anyone help me?

I had this problem on a computer once. I suggest trying to clear the CMOS, however, that didn't work for me. I had to flash the bios to get it to work. Do you have another board that accepts the same bios chip so you can perform a hotflash?

Well, last night after I posted here, i messed with some stuff in the Bios and I got stuck at the DMI pool data again, but this time it said Update Sucess.

I couldn't get past that then so I gave up for the night. Then today when I got back from school I turned on the computer and it worked just fine. I don't know why or how. But now it is working just fine. Thanks for everyones help!

Perhaps it would help if somone explained to you what the DMI pool is. The DMI pool is how each drive is allocated. Ie C: D: etc etc.

When you add a new device that is considered a new drive on the PCI bus it will only recognise it upon reboot unlike USB which will do it instantally.

The reason why it updates every bootup is to check for new IDE / SATA devices you may have added.

If it hangs / locks up there you have a PCI device failure.

Check your jumpers on your CDRoms, floppies etc. Also make sure the power plugs are securely fastened to each device.

Did that help any?

Sentential said:
Perhaps it would help if somone explained to you what the DMI pool is...
Actually it's explained pretty well I thought in the article I linked him to...

Computer Hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data"
http://www.duxcw.com/faq/computer/dmi.html
DMI or DesktopManagement Interface (pdf) is a layer of abstraction between system components and the software that manages them. The System Management BIOS (SMBIOS) is an extension of the Basic Input Output System (BIOS) that formulates and delivers this information to the operating system. The pool data is the information. In short, when the BIOS is "Verifying DMI pool data" it is verifying the table of data it sends to the operating system (Windows, etc.). If it isn't sucessful, it should return an error.
...which was the main reason I linked the article, so he'd have somewhat of an understanding as to what "Verifying DMI Pool Data" actually meant.

Yeah I read through the article and it did help. However, like I said, it worked just fine this afternoon when I tried it again. I am not sure why or how, but if it works, I ain't changing anything else. Thanks for the help guys.

Back