• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NCCH-DL Lacking a PCI lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Does it have a working PCI lock or not?

I passed memtest at 230, but when ever I try to boot Windows I get BSODs at anything over 215 fsb.

"IRQ_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQUAL_TO" Is what I get says picdex.sys I think. Something along those lines anyways.

No PCI cards. Using onboard sound/lan/usb thats all.

Can anyone shead some light on this.

I'm using clockgen with the fsb jumpers in the 133 setting. I can set the fsb all over and the pci/agp remains locked at 66.6/33.3. So there is a lock at the 133 setting, maybe there isn't at the 200. I'd imagine so, but dunno what the problem is though.

I also used the bios to change the fsb and viewed the status of the clocks in clockgen and they stay locked. Just to clarify its not just clockgen I'm using to change fsb.

It is locked..i go over 200 with clcok gen and it shows the AGP at 66mHZ and allows me to even adjust it .

I would boot at 14x200 and push it to 220 and see how it runs....

Fishy I know you know I now know what Dual channel is ..LMAO..I am Just suggesting ya try it woth one stick..I have yet to see any one crank these NCCH-DL boards up to 230FSb..So I tossed out an idea..

DaveB said:
According to the 3rd pararaph on this page of the GamePC review of the NCCH-DL, it doesn't have the AGP/PCI lock that my lowly PC-DL has. But this could be bad info since the review is pretty old. But, from what I've heard, the NCCH-DL doesn't overclock as well as the PC-DL.

i think that is bad info on the agp/pci lock...

clockgen reports locked agp/pci bus...regardless of fsb...and this seems correct because if you increase the agp/pci bus only (using clockgen), you get stability problems...

but, nevertheless, it does seem the ncch-dl doesn't overclock as well as the pc-dl...

i can't get more than 218mhz stable, and neither can many at 2cpu.com

no freaking idea, I went home for the weekend, left the computer on as I usually do, ironically I lowered the overclock back to stock, and when I got back sunday afternoon, the computer was off and it wreaked of burning silicon. So I check it out, and it was coming from the bored. So thanks to Asus great customer service they are overnighting me a new board, and hope to be back up by the end of the week.

I believe the problem plauging the DH800 and maybe as well as the NCCH-DL is the hublink or NB-SB interconnect is not being locked. I believe you check this under motherboard properties in Adia32.

Back