• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-DL and UTT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
greenman100 said:
Does anyone have experience with this combination?

yes, actually i just built a system with this paticular combination. I did have to do the vdimm mod to get the system to get stable though. Initially i could not get memtest to even start with anything less than 3.0 vdimm. Through much fighting and cursing i finally found that to get stable @ 200fsb 2-5-2-2 i had to crank the vdimm up to 3.2v. I had already tested the memory on an ic7-max3 and it was stable @ 3.0v 2-5-2-2 and 200fsb, so it would appear that the PC-DL stresses the memory a bit more than the Max3 does.

Now that i have it all dialed in the UTT works great and the system is rock stable @ 200fsb, over that has yet to be determined though.

Oh, another interesting note, just as others have been finding out, the UTT HATES any divider other than 1:1. The system would not post even if i was using the 5:4 (320) divider @ 200 fsb, no matter what voltage i chucked at the ram.

Back