• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Computer/Task Chairs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yakbak

Since I've moved out to university life and this shared house, the chair I was provided is completely horrible. Extremely unpadded and uncomfortable, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a nice executive or task chair suitable for sitting in comfortably for long periods of time. Doesn't have to be leather, but if there's this nice chair that's out there, I'd like to know about it. :D

Thanks!

im looking too. there are some older threads talking about chairs, but nothing of much interest. i got a $39 officemax leather executive chair that was nice at the time, but less than a year later the base is loose (wiggles around, no way to tighten anything), and there is NO padding left on the seat area.

I bought a computer chair before school started in the fall. I was looking for one all summer though. My goal was to get one under $100, but for a nice executive style chair that's asking a lot. I ended up geting a Lane Office Chair from Best Buy for $125.

It's got more cushion and padding then most, and has good support for butt/back/head. It's soft, and is very inviting and warm to sit in. Of course I just checked bestbuy.com, and they have it on sale for $99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...62412&productCategoryId=cat07002&type=product

Sitting in a chair for comfort tip #34: When sitting in a chair remove your wallet from your back pocket. It will ruin your sitting experiance by misaligning your spine and when its full with your fat stack of cash or even worse your collection of coin, it is very hard and not fun to sit on.

K...your best bet is to goto officemax, or walmart, or staples...something like that and just go and sit in the chairs. I bought a nice leather exec chair and it's served me well for 4 years...but when I was in officemax I saw a really nice chair I would have rather had.

The one they ahd that I liked was a "microfiber" and not leather...here is a link to one similar:
http://www.officemax.com/max/soluti...xpansionOID=-536885423&prodBlockOID=537076629
It's better because leather will stick to your skin when you wear shorts, and it's just also more comforable I think.
The link is to one that's close but not exactly like the one I liked.

Here in Houston we've got china town, or rather a little mini version of it. Directron is on Harwin as well as many other great shops. i've always had luck buying furnature from the asian wholesale shops, plus it's kinda cool to have a throne for your computer chair.

i bought mine for 100 at a used store, its very nice and i have no problems with it so far
if you have no qualms about using a used chair then pick up a pricy one on the cheap (mine cost $200 normal, but 100 used, great deal)

The best chair by far is the Herman Miller "Aeron" chair. Look it up. It is leagues ahead of all the other chairs out there. It is pricey though.

mysubaruimp said:
The best chair by far is the Herman Miller "Aeron" chair. Look it up. It is leagues ahead of all the other chairs out there. It is pricey though.

lol

I got mine for 50 dollars:D I got lucky when my brothers company got bought by another company and thought I was just going to get to buy a filing cabinet from his office because they were moving to the other companies building. Well we both lucked out when they were getting rid of a few of the aeron chairs:D:D:D

Back