• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$400 bucks ready to be spent for upgrades!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

I saved up about $400. I am looking to upgrade my system with that money since I bought new clothes already (burned at the mall :mad: ). These are my parts:

-Athlon 64 3400+ (stock cooling)
-Aspire X-Navigator silver/black stock 500w psu
-Corsair XMS Extreme Speed Series 1 GB (512x2) 2-3-3-6
-eVGA 6800GT (stock cooling)
-DFI LanParty NForce3 250Gb
-Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA
-Plextor 12x DVD/-RW (48x) drive black SATA

Please help me decide on what to upgrade :)

Last edited:
how bout some water cooling
get off that stock cooling and get some serious cooling in there
i vote this because
1 its pricy, and its worth it
2 you can make your system even better, with some serious ocs
3 it looks nice with that wow factor

oh and a new psu, dont want that thing to die on you

if you got this do this:

DD TDX
HC with shrouds
DD D4
T-line

then get a new PSU or a new hard drive, recommend PSU more

water is the only thing I can think of....maybe a new case. But other than that I'd say your pretty well set

you have a very nice rig there.. yea water cooling and maybe a pelt?

I would get more ram. As it is, I fill up my 1024mb on occasion. Also, a nice 500w Bluestorm or 530w standard fortron. Lastly, grab a freezer64 cpu cooler, I really like mine.

OR, you could get this: http://www.azatek.com/details.asp?iid=510
I have one and it is easily the best upgrade I ever got. 2048@75hz and 1600x1200@120hz are very, very nice.

More RAM, and then. . .

CASE LIGHTING!

Yeah, go mad with all kinds of flashy lights and cathode tubes and stuff. Glowing fans and a little LED display for the front of your case that says neat stuff about your PC!

I say this because what you want to upgrade from is the kind of stuff I'm dreaming about upgrading to. . .

get some more hard drive space. back up ure bzness.

even if not water cooling, get a top of the line heatsink and fan i think is a worthwhile investment.

get some sick speakers and/or headphones.

Back