• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

scenic photography wallpapers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

i need some new wallpapers. i want nice scenes, NOT computer generated. i like lighter, not darker. i like trees, flowers, mountains, lakes, etc. does anyone have any good sites for wallpaper sized images like this?

the attatched is my wallpaper right now that i like, but am a little bored with (resized to upload)

Attachments

• Firefox Wallpaper2.JPG
    Firefox Wallpaper2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 82
If you find anything you like on my hiking photo journal site just PM me the filename, the resolution you want it in, and your email address. Large variety of mountain views, etc. They're all saved as medium/high jpegs at approximately 640x480. Probably not good enough quality to stretch on an overclocker's 1280+ desktop. :p

www.the-boogiemen.com/hiking/

Last edited:
thats great. thanks Kendan. im also gonna spend some time looking through your site Pinky. thanks for the link

You could always try DeviantArt's landscape section. It's got quite a few neat looking pics in it. I just signed up yesterday, and hopefully I can add some of my own photographs to it.

JigPu

when i looked at deviant art, i was always in the wallpapers section, and most of those are computer generated. are the resolutions of the photographs usually big enough to use as wallpapers? i havent had much of a chance to look at them.

On the left you should see something that says:
"Browse for:
All Deviations & Prints
Prints
Wallpaper Sized"

Just select "Wallpaper Sized" and choose a minimum resolution for the shot. Even a 3 megapixel camera takes 2048x1536 shots, so there should be plenty to choose from that are high enough resolution. As a test, I selected 1600x1200 and managed to jump to the 1000th picture with no problems at all.

JigPu

Last edited:
i will take a look through my dpicture taken with my canon digital rebel 6mp camera, all in 3000 x resolution :D

ah thanks JigPu. i didnt expect to have this much to choose from, but they're all great. thanks guys

edit: is deviant art always slow to load? on all the pages there are at least 5 or 6 thumbnails that dont show up for me.

changed it to 12 per page, and its a little better. still annoyingly slow, but at least things load. im just going through and downloading everything i like. its great

Last edited:
Back