• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200+ makes windows crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brown_d9

Registered
I have just purchased an amd 3200xp processor and have put it in my NF7 V2.0 and it has screwed windows up, which i expected but now i cannot even install windows, when i try to install it i get a blue screen error saying failure in non paged area, or something like that. The strange thing is is that if i set the processor to 2500+ which is what i used to have it installs OK?
I do have pc3200 ram so that is not the problem
The hard drive is completely blank also.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be

Have you already tried everyone's suggestions, and if so...what were the results?
i get a blue screen error saying failure in non paged area, or something like that
If at all possible in the future, try to make note of the error message in the BSOD exactly as it appears...as it will help us tremendously in trying to help you troubleshoot your problem. I'll assume the error you're receiving in the BSOD is...PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, which is more times than not associated with bad RAM. Like clocker2 suggested, it could also be caused by incorrect RAM timings and/or Vdimm. Post your RAM timings in this thread, and run Memtest86+ to rule out faulty RAM or incorrect timings/insufficient Vdimm. You can find Memtest86+ v1.51 at the following site...

http://www.memtest.org ...You want the "Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win) V1.51".

It hEveryone has been a TREMEDOUS HELP, IT HAS THROWN UP ANOTHER ERROR ASWELL NOW " IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL" DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, CHEERS.

DAN

Sounds like it could be an IRQ conflict. Try removing all the PCI cards etc that are not required for boot then try booting again and see if you get the same error. If the error goes away then you may try putting the cards back in different slots to see if that fixes the problem.

Can you get into the bios?

Sounds like it might be an AGP/PCI bus problem.
I'm not sure how you set the bus speed to 66 on that board, but you need to lock it at 66mhz otherwise you'll get problems with other devices.

Last edited:
i had the same exact problems with my compy. However, I'm running a K7N2-Delta board... but the solution should be similar....

HEAT!!!!

I kept getting the same problems, and it would only fix when i underclocked. It turned out I had put my heatsink on backwards, and because of the high heat, all I got was errors.

Just a geuss here. If you're running your RAM in dual channel, try it in single channel and see if the problem disappears, or running just one stick of RAM. Just to test. I've run into problems with KVR and some Nforce chipsets. Check your ram timings as well. KVR is only rated at C3 or C2.5, depending on what you bought.

Back