• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to find advanced MBM info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Forgive me if this has been covered in another thread, but I couldn't find any obvious mention using the search engine.

I'm having a fit getting the current version of MBM to read my MAX6657 on my motherboards SMBus. Older revisions that used the giveio.sys driver used to work, but not the current version. I can't find an archive with all the previous versions available for download. The chipinfo.ini file has the MAX6657 in it (#586,587), but when invoked in the mbm5.ini file, they don't work. Livewiredev used to host forums with excellent FAQs and information, but they no longer have them. Does anyone know if some philanthropic person took up those files and forums for hosting after livewiredev dropped them? I suspect I'm missing something in the mbm5.ini file, but it's not readily apparent. If you don't know of anyone hosting the now-defunct forums, perhaps you know a link to a good technical dissertation on the .ini file. Not MBM for beginners, but a layer or two deeper. SpeedFan boys, yes I'm aware of SpeedFan and it works great for reading my MAX6657, I was just interested in regaining the functionality with MBM.

Thank in advance

Hoot

Back