• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual CPU Mobo for this...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sanyote

Registered
I Have two 500 mhz celerons (I think they are Coppermines) And they were in an old Abit BP6, but that died. I want to know if there is a good dual mobo that supports Coppermines.
:cool:

As far as I am aware you will need another 440BX based board for dual Coppermines. I'm not 100% sure.

BP6 was the only motherboard that supported socketed celerons like that. Those also aren't coppermines.

Change of plans

Are you saying that I need another BP6? How am I going to get another one? I don't think anyone sells them anymore. Does the VP6 support the processors? If not I'm just going to get another dual S370 Mobo and put my 733MHZ P3s in it. That will be way faster. :burn:

VP6 supports socketed P3s, not socketed Celerons.

You either get a BP6, or get a dual P2/P3 slot1 board and a pair slockets that support celeron smp.

All of this being oldish stuff, it may be hard to find. If you get a pair of normal slockets, you can mod those to support celeron smp.

No, I didn't mean I would put the celerons in it, I meant to put some 733MHZ P3s in it. Are there other (single cpu) Mobos that support my celerons?
:(

You can put those P3s into a VP6, yes.

There are lots of oldish boards that'll take those celerons individually. Probably about any S370 board will take them.

Back