• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HP dually system info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woodenman80

I read this on Sharkys today but when and where will boards with this capability appear. Im replacing a dead dual system so im not sure whether to wait or not??

HP has jumped off the Intel bandwagon to introduce its most powerful desktop workstation to date. Designed for graphics- and data-intensive applications such as digital content creation, oil and gas exploration, or software development, the HP xw9300 Workstation combines one or two 64-bit AMD Opteron processors with one or two Nvidia Quadro PCI Express graphics accelerators, taking advantage of Nvidia's SLI technology and two PCI Express x16 slots. The motherboard features Nvidia's nForce Professional chipset with AMD-8131 HyperTransport PCI-X tunnel, supporting one PCI-X 100 and two PCI-X 133 slots, one PCI slot, Gigabit Ethernet, integrated Serial ATA 2, and up to 16GB of DDR400 ECC memory

nicked off sharkys

Any ideas people or time period of wait?

Wow, that would be a wicked system, without a doubt.
But my gawd, can you imagine the price tag on that sucker?!

Would be very nice, But i wouldnt want to buy a whole system due to the tag just after a newer Dual Opy board with these specs! So i dont feel im replacing old tech with slightly newer but soon to be old tech.

:p

Two 64-Bit processors.
Two badass graphics cards.

That would be one hell of a system.

It's not new news though. Iwill has had the mobo out for a while now.

-Sam

what based on the nforce 4 proffesional chipset? Ive yet to find that on their webpage will go and have another look.

Back